Crystallized Xanthenite, also known as Time Crystal(s) is a material capable of interacting with the flow of time and bypassing split timelines.
Rick uses the crystal to halt time in "Ricksy Business". And to (unsuccessfully) mend together time in "A Rickle in Time". In the same episode, he also modifies a Glock pistol to fire it across timelines and kill other versions of himself when he assumes they are out to kill him.
In all episodes of Rick and Morty, this object is called a Time Crystal, yet its real name was revealed in "Rixty Minutes" - its debut episode - as Crystallized Xanthenite.
Time crystals have several uses and applications:
- They can easily alter the flow of time, such as freezing time in "Ricksy Business".
- They can be used to create time-altering devices such as time collars.
- They can transmit particles across timelines, which is how Rick is able to access television from other realities, as stated by Morty (though Rick says he was only 20 percent correct).
- They can scan different universes for possibilities that can be used to determine which universe is the most similar to the current reality and were used to create the video game style save state device in "The Vat of Acid Episode"}}.
- “Splits time into multiple zones.”
- —In-game description
In Pocket Mortys, Time Crystal can be created by combining Purified Fleeb with Dark Energy Ball. Time Crystal can be used to make Interdimensional Cable Box, Time-Stabilizing Collar and Interdimensional Goggles.
|Purified Fleeb||Dark Energy Ball
Crafting item for
|Time Crystal||Dog Collar
||Time Stabilizing Collar|
|Time Crystal||Supercharged Battery||Motherboard||Interdimensional Cable Box|
|Time Crystal||Supercharged Battery||Tin Can||Interdimensional Goggles|