- This article is about Doofus Rick. You may be looking for Doofus Rick (comic series) or other versions of Rick.
Rick Sanchez of Dimension J19 Zeta 7, commonly known as Doofus Rick, is the least respected of all the Ricks. He first appeared in the episode "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind." Other Ricks claim that Doofus Rick’s home dimension is themed around people eating their own feces; on the Blu-ray/DVD commentary track for "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind", however, Justin Roiland has confirmed that Doofus Rick does not actually do the aforementioned action, which means the other Ricks are merely bullying him. Doofus Rick was a member of the Citadel's militia.
Doofus Rick never married and never had any children, so his Morty was assigned to him from another reality where everyone looks like Eric Stoltz from the movie Mask. In his debut appearance, he befriends Jerry, and he seems to be the only Rick who genuinely likes him. He returns at the end of the episode, where he simply waves at Jerry from the street on a rainy evening.
Doofus Rick is the kindest and sweetest of all the Ricks. He approached Jerry during the investigation at the Smith house and engaged him in conversation, expressing genuine interest in Jerry's life and abilities; perhaps because they were both ostracized and mocked by the rest of the Ricks present, the two quickly bonded.
Doofus Rick's inherently kind and accepting nature came through when Jerry showed him his collection of R2D2 quarters and asked for his opinion on them.
- “I'm not going to tell you these coins will increase in value, or even hold their current value. The truth is, you bought 'em because you like 'em. They have value to you. That's what matters.”
- —Doofus Rick to Jerry[src]
Despite being deemed a "doofus", Doofus Rick was able to create ovenless brownies with Jerry by mixing chemicals and substances. This hints that Doofus Rick only looks unintelligent, and is actually quite scientifically skilled and resourceful. His interactions with Jerry indicate he may be more emotionally intelligent than other Ricks.
Doofus Rick is a rival Morty Trainer in the game Pocket Mortys.
- “Don’t make fun of my Mortys, Rick. They're the best I have. I’m just getting good! Look, I’ll show you.”
- “If your Mortys mean something to you, that is all that matters. Be kind and gentle and they will love you in return.”
- “Don't rub it in, Rick. I know I lost. I never win anything.”
- "The Rickshank Rickdemption"(Pictured)
- Doofus Rick appears very similar to the severely inbred direct descendant of Jesus Christ from the comic book series Preacher, due to the bowl-cut hair, unibrow, and buck teeth.
- Both likely take inspiration from Moe Howard of the Three Stooges.
- The Birds of the Doopidoo dimension have the same hairdo as Doofus Rick.
- Despite serving in the Citadel Militia, Doofus Rick wears a normal labcoat instead of the militia uniform.