- This article is about Evil Rick. You may be looking for other versions of Rick.
- “We both know if there's a truth in the universe: it's that Ricks don't care about Mortys.”
- —Evil Morty, speaking through Evil Rick
"Evil Rick Sanchez" is an alternate version of Rick Sanchez who appears in "Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind" as the central antagonist and mechanical puppet of future President Morty (then known as Eye Patch Morty).
"Evil Rick Sanchez" looked identical to most Ricks, except that his shirt was black instead of light blue, his eyes had dark circles underneath, and his lips had a scar going across it.
- Main article: President Morty#Personality
Almost nothing is known about "Evil" Rick's personality or intentions, and it is not clear if he shares "his" Morty's goals. According to Roiland and Harmon, Evil Rick Sanchez was an organic Rick with cybernetic implants (as opposed to a full robot), and none of his words or actions were carried out at his own will; they were all Eye Patch Morty's doing, torturing other Mortys through "Evil Rick" in order to create hatred towards all Ricks.
- Main article: President Morty#Biography
"Evil Rick" and "his" Morty began to murder Ricks and abduct hundreds of Mortys from multiple dimensions. The Mortys were imprisoned in a dimension of Evil Rick's design, with many of them hooked up to torture apparatuses so the "Morty waves" caused by the pain would hide from the Citadel of Ricks.
In "Close Rick-Counters of Rick Kind", Rick Sanchez of C-137 is accused and convicted by the Council of Ricks, framed the actions committed by the future-President Morty and his Rick puppet. Rick, however manages to escape with Morty and begins tracking the "Evil Rick" responsible down. After capturing Rick and Morty, who managed to find his dimensional lair, "Evil Rick" explains to Rick that he intends to download the contents of Rick's brain and subsequently kill him. While viewing the memories during the download, Evil Rick mocks Rick's apparent fondness to his Morty, stating that Ricks don't care about Mortys.
The imprisoned Mortys broke free, having found the courage to oppose "Evil Rick". The Mortys over-powered all of his minions and bludgeoned Evil Rick to death. The Mortys kept beating Evil Rick's corpse until the Citadel's militia and the Council of Ricks arrived and calmed them down. After his death, the Citadel's medical examiners opened his head to discover that he was controlled remotely through the sophisticated technology wired into his brain.
It is revealed to the audience, but not the Council of Ricks, that the receiver which controlled "Evil Rick" was linked to a transmitter inside the eyepatch worn by "his" Eye Patch Morty, who had been literally using Evil Rick, and every word that came out of Evil Rick's mouth was actually "his" Morty talking through him. The former Eye Patch Morty removes the eyepatch transmitter and crushes it under his shoe in order to blend in with the other Rickless Mortys.
A photograph of "Evil Rick" under the control of "his" Morty is later seen in "The Ricklantis Mixup".
- "The Ricklantis Mixup" (the photo)
- "Rickmurai Jack" (mentioned)
- "Evil" Rick's brain control technology can be compared to the Necro Soldier technology from Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle.
- While it's most likely completely coincidental, it's possible that one inspired the other.
- Evil Rick is dressed like Dr. Doofeinsmirtz, the antagonist of Phineas and Ferb. Coincidently both he and Rick share the same Japanese voice actor Yohei Tadano.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Rick and Morty Wiki by expanding it.|