- “It's secrets. What do you think it is, look at how I'm dressed.”
- —Investigator Rick, after giving Campaign Manager Morty an envelope hiding incriminating evidence against Evil Morty
In Tales From the Citadel, Investigator Rick gave Campaign Manager Morty information about Evil Morty in a bar. The information later led to a failed assassination attempt by Campaign Manager Morty on Evil Morty's life.
Sometime after sharing the secrets with Campaign Manager Morty, Investigator Rick was killed on Evil Morty's orders, his lifeless corpse later visible floating in space with other Ricks and Mortys ejected from the Citadel.
- It is possible, but unlikely, that Evil Morty was controlling Investigator Rick, as he did with Evil Rick. This may have been because Evil Morty knew that if his former campaign manager learned the truth, he would try to assassinate him in front of a large crowd of supporters, which would earn him votes of sympathy.
- Investigator Rick's Morty was never seen, supporting this theory.
- Usually within media, characters who wear trench coats and face-concealing fedoras do so to hide their identity. Ironically, Investigator Rick ends up standing out due to his outfit. He would be much less conspicuous if he dressed as a standard looking Rick.
- This is most likely a joke in and of itself, as Investigator Rick asks Campaign Manager Morty "It's secrets, what do you think it is? Look how I'm dressed" which is a meta gag on the nature of his outfit.