- This article is about Rick D. Sanchez III. You may be looking for other versions of Rick.
- “I am Rick D. Sanchez III, owner of this here Wafer establishment.”
- —Rick D. Sanchez III to The Rick Swat team[src]
Rick D. Sanchez III shared the general appearance of Rick Sanchez, though he wears a purple suit with green under shirt and green tie, purple top hat, and carries a gold cane quite similar to Willy Wonka.
Due to being the owner of Simple Rick‘s Wafers and a member of the Shadow Council of Ricks, Rick D. Sanchez III was extremely wealthy and powerful. Despite initially appearing to be kind and quite charitable to Rick J-22, it’s soon made obvious that it’s nothing more than an act as like most other Ricks, he was actually cruel and greedy, as shown when it’s revealed earlier that the primary ingredient of his company’s wafers were actually the drops made from the pleasant memories of Simple Rick who was held prisoner and forced to live through the same memories for each day of his life.
Rick D. Sanchez III first appeared when he interrupted the SWAT Team Rick who was in the process of entering the flavor core and taking out Rick J-22 (after the latter accidentally executed his only hostage, Simple Rick). After seemingly pardoning Rick J-22, he took J-22 outside to the cheer of J-22’s coworkers and gave the terrorist a new limo. This, however, turned out to be nothing more than a trick as Rick D. Sanchez III soon tasered J-22 and made him the replacement flavor of the flavor core. Afterward, Sanchez arrived late at a meeting between the Shadow Council of Ricks and the Citadel’s new president, Evil Morty. Shortly arriving, he raised his hand in agreement with Garment District Rick’s stance on Citadel president but was then promptly executed along with all but two other members of the Shadow Council of Ricks by the guard Ricks in the room upon Evil Morty’s orders. Sanchez, all of the other deceased council members and hundreds of other bodies were then flushed out into space as Evil Morty’s reign over the Citadel began.
- His appearance is a reference to Willy Wonka, a fictional character who runs a large and successful company that produces sweets and The Warden of Superjail!
- The D in his name is a reference to business magnate John D. Rockefeller who ran a monopoly on oil and became the wealthiest American in history at a net-worth of about $340 billion.